Are you #Oneof1000?
New Media Rights was founded on the idea that legal services provided for the good of the public should take into account not only the financial need of a client, but the social good generated by the client’s activities. As part of that mission New Media Rights provides direct legal services that help hundreds of people every year. Earlier this summer we passed the 1000 mark, that is to say we’ve provided direct legal services in over a thousand matters since 2010! And we think a little celebration is in order!
In order to celebrate we’ve got two big things planned. 1) A campaign we’re launching to get the word out about just how many people we’ve helped and grow our supporter base, and 2) a celebration we’re inviting you to August 21st at our new headquarters.
You can go here to make a donation to support our work for our next 1000 clients.
You can get tickets to the August 21 event here.
We're celebrating both our past accomplishments as well as some of our amazing accomplishments this year including:
- Answering over 170 of your inquires so far this year!
- Bringing our legal knowledge to you at VidCon, SAM Fest, SXSW and the Copyright Society of the USA’s Annual Meeting.
- Helping shape the FCC Consumer Advisory Committee recommendation on improving broadband access in U.S. schools and libraries.
- Speaking out against content bullying by joining amicus briefs in key cases and helping to ensure that the future copyright laws and policy are not designed to encourage content bullying.
- Launching the New Media Rights: Internet and Media Law Clinic with California Western School of Law to better train the next generation of lawyer to understand the needs of creators and entrepreneurs.
#Oneof1000 and Supporter campaign
Are you one of the over one thousand people we’ve directly helped? Maybe you benefited from one of our educational guides online, a workshop we gave, or one of our policy accomplishments? Maybe you cut your teeth as a law student here at NMR? If you were helped by NMR in any way, or just want to show your support for our work we’d love you to share this milestone on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, your blog, Instagram, Vine etc using the hashtag #Oneof1000. Not sure what to share? Here’s a sample tweet to get you started.
I am #Oneof1000 creators, startups and internet users helped by @newmediarights free & nominal cost legal services!http://goo.gl/sVV0cz
And if you want to support NMR even more, please consider becoming an NMR supporter today! It’s donations like yours that allow us to reach amazing milestones like this.
#Oneof1000 Celebration August 21 at CyberHive in San Diego!
But we’re just not having a celebration online; we’re having an IRL party to celebrate. Join us August 21 at 6pm for a celebration of the work we’ve done and the work we’ve yet to do. More details to follow, but early planning meetings indicate a strong possibility of special guests and some seriously legit tacos (Art Neill, our Executive Director, knows someone who knows alguien)! Your #Oneof1000 posts may even make an appearance!
We’ll be offering tickets to the event for a nominal fee (to cover food and drink) through Eventbrite. More information about the event can also be found on the Facebook event page, but you'll still need to buy your ticket through Eventbrite.