NMR is currently encouraging creators to submit projects on any topic (please use our Application Form). That said, NMR is seeking projects that fit with its values and goals (and the values and goals of its parent organization, UCAN):
- Advocacy on behalf of consumers against corporate wrongdoing.
- Increasing the amount of information available to consumers as purchasers in the marketplace.
- Ensuring a cost-effective (and sustainable) energy future.
- Protecting and expanding the public domain.
- Encouraging the development and adoption of open-source technology (ie. educational video and audio regarding the use of various open source software projects, such as Firefox, OpenOffice, Drupal, etc.)
- Educating consumers, artists, and attorneys on copyright/IP laws.
- Protecting fair use rights from corporate encroachment (scare tactics against lawful use).
- Bridging the digital divide.
- Encouraging the use of Web 2.0 communities, blogging, and podcasting by groups traditionally uninvolved.